High School Info 2016
DC Public High School Info
If you want to officiate DC public or private high school games this Fall, you must register with DC Dept of Education.
Here are the requirements
1. You Must register with DC schools by emailing Ramia Heard @ Ramia.email@example.com (unless you have already done this thru a group)
2. You must take the NFHS 2016-17 rules test online. The test you took early this year thru Virginia is not valid for this fall as it was last year's test. There are rules changes. The high school certification year is August 1, 2016-July 31, 2017
3. You must get fingerprinted and pass a DC background check, Ms. Heard will arrange it for you. Detailed instructions are on a different page in this section of the website. The background check is good for two years.
4. Pay your registration money thru a group.
5. You must attend a rules update clinic on the rule changes. The DC clinic info is as follows:
August 11, 2016 @ 7:30 PM
Statewide Program Coordinator of Athletics
Office of the State Superintendent
Government of the District of Columbia
810 First St. NE, 3rd Floor
You can register for the clinic using this link; https://www.dcsaasports.org/officials/officials-rules-interpretation-meetings/
If you CANNOT attend the above clinic, you may attend one of the following clinics in MD.
|July 27||7:00 pm||Metro Washington||Magruder HS, Auditorium
|August 4||6:00 pm||Anne Arundel County||South River HS
|August 15||6:00 pm||Southern Maryland/CASRA||Patuxent HS -Media Center
Make sure you sign in at a clinic on the DC sign in sheet.
If you cannot make any of the clinics, contact Garrett Tucker to make other arrangements.
The following groups assign public and private schools in DC
firstname.lastname@example.org , 703-338-6916
CASRA - Hugh Blocker
If you have any questions, please feel to email me