IAAM Soccer Rules
Applicable Rules: NFHS
- Uniforms must have numbers front and back
- No excessive celebration (taunting, disrobing, piling on)
- No jewelry (piercing of any kind including mouth and naval) -player will be removed until jewelry or piercing removed
- Portable goals must be properly secured or official can refuse to work game
- Teams can play a "player down," then sub on a dead ball for injuries or Cards
- The clock will be stopped after a goal (until the kick-off occurs), for an injury (but only if signaled by the referee), whenever a card is given, and at the taking of a penalty kick. JV - the clock should stop for injury only.
- Visiting high school soccer teams will be required to wear solid white jerseys while the home team will wear dark colors.
Home Team Responsibilities:
- Provide three (3) game balls and two (2) ball runners.
Special Rules or Modifications:
- Varsity: 40-minute halves; 2 10-minute sudden victory overtimes; tie
- Junior Varsity: 35-minute halves; tie (No playoffs or Championships)
Playoff and Championship:
- 40-minute halves; 2 10-minute sudden victory overtimes; penalty kicks; (1 group of five; if still tied, next group of one, sudden victory). The IAAM follows the IFAB Kicks from the Mark Process.